Not everything that glitters is gold – Beware of rogue residential solar installers!
Welcome to Team Solar Energy! We’re lucky to have you join us -better late than never, right? The switch to solar energy is always the right decision, but the next phase is most crucial: choosing the right, legitimate residential solar system installer.
Beware of the wolf in sheep’s clothing!
The internet is home to millions of residential solar advertisements and companies and product reviews and panel prices and brands and…and…and…Yes! With a bad residential solar company, your investment could go way down south…and fast!
Ask and you shall receive: The path to understanding is through a forest of right questions!
To guide your search, here are a few, great starting points:
- How much experience does this residential solar installer have? Experience is a great indicator of the company’s demand and longevity. Many successful projects in the past and many ongoing today show stability and a safe option.
- Check for client reviews, endorsements, and testimonials. Follow up on recommendations from trusted people who have first-hand experience. Pay heed to this: a “happy” client from two months ago is not a good indicator of service. If you can find a client still satisfied with their efficient, functioning residential solar system from five years ago or so – green tick!
You have every right to look up the past projects completed by them. It will be easy to research if they give profiles and data about home solar systems. If not, please seek such information. If they are hesitant to reveal such fundamental information, this is a huge red flag!
- Enquire about their business license, insurance policies, credentials, and certifications. If these can’t be validated, then Adios amigo!
- Investigate the warranties. Question them on the product warranties, shipping, panels, inverters, etc. Is a performance guarantee included?
- Investigate the solar team for experienced personnel and certified, licensed subcontractors.
- Our after-sales service, maintenance, and client support available throughout the lifespan of your residential solar system? Observe their openness to genuine advice and guidance.
- How will they determine the residential solar system capacity for your home?
- What is their inspection process?
- Are they acquainted with local regulations and utilities?
Weighing out your options – get multiple quotes.
Persevere in your search for the best deal and best residential solar provider. Most businesses aren’t afraid to milk it when they can. Each solar installer will provide varying estimates. Scrutinize their itemized billing to increase your understanding. The more legitimate installers found will lead to a more informed choice!